Tuesday, October 24, 2006

hindu Diwali

Dear N,
It sounds like a wonderful trip and makes me jealous, but I might not catch up you when you descend and ascend by running. I always long for travel, not only curious about places or people, but also wanting to escape from my own life. Sometimes where to go does not matter too much. When I was in China, it could begin a gaiety reaction for me to get on a train.
Don't you really like Las Vegas? People say it's a place to find any of their fantasies. I'm a little curious about the striptease, girls showing their perfect figures.
Last Saturday was the Indian "Christmas"--Diwali, and I went with an Indian girl of our lab to a Hindu temple, half an hour's drive from Ames. It's so crowded, just like in China. People didn't care about their private distances, just happily involved in the festival. Most of Hindu gods have animal images that seem to encourage an explanation of social evolution. The biggest gain for me is to see lots of pretty indian girls in rich attire. India produces most beautiful females in the world, but I can't give compliment to their men. I felt like going into an indian film, surrounded by their songs and dances. I quietly observe people of different ages, their cloths, their expressions, but too hurried to make my perception clear. Before we left, that girl seriously prayed before each of the icons. it reminds several years ago in some buddhism temple I prayed devoutly for the happiness of all my families. Sometime in a year we just need a place to send our wishes .
All goes normal for me, I guess, though not so well. My research work has been stagnant for quite a long time. A Chinese fable tells about a man who loves dragon very much but is scared when the real dragon comes to him from the heaven. Am I the person who claims loving science ? May it turn out not to be my cup of tea? "Be a grownup", I told myself, "you will get through it finally."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home